Getting injured as a result of someone else’s recklessness may leave you counting losses because you will spend a lot on medical bills. You can sue the perpetrator for compensation. Hiring a personal injury lawyer is essential in this case. Look for a highly qualified attorney. You can also consider the legal fees charged.
Tampa Bay injury victims do not have to pay expensive lawyer fees up front when they opt for a firm with a contingency policy. For many, establishing the right time to hire a personal injury lawyer after an accident or any other mishap is usually difficult. We will look at different factors that will help you know if it’s the right time to hire one.
How Will I Know If I Need An Attorney?
Here are some factors you need to look at to determine if you need an attorney. Many attorneys offer a free initial consultation, so if you’re unsure, schedule an appointment. Typically, you should answer these questions:
- Did you suffer any harm? The basis of a personal injury case is damages. If you were unharmed, you probably don’t have a case. The goal of a personal injury case is to recover costs to reimburse you for your current injuries. However, personal injury cases do not only include physical damage. If you have suffered psychological harm as a result of an accident, contact a personal injury attorney.
- Was the other party negligent? Negligence comes in various forms. Was it the driver who hit you at high speed? Did a business owner fail to clean up a spill? Did any manufacturer create a poor design? Negligence is the cornerstone of a personal injury case. If you disagree over any fault, you should seek out a personal injury attorney.
- Were your damages a direct result of third-party negligence? There must be a direct link between the other party’s actions and your injuries.
What Can You Expect From A Lawyer During A Personal Injury?
Well, if you have determined that you have a personal injury case. But do you really need a lawyer? In most cases, the answer is yes. Unfortunately, it often happens that insurance companies offer less to unrepresented parties. Aside from helping you fight for a more favorable settlement, personal injury attorneys can make the process easier and help you de-stress.
Some of the things you can expect your attorney to do are:
- Contact the insurance company and file a settlement claim.
- Collect and organize evidence
- Talk to witnesses and healthcare providers
- Review your medical history
- Help you find accessible care
- Negotiate with insurance companies
- Represent you in court
- Cancel and pay outstanding medical bills
- Facilitate a final agreement